The Sennheiser HD 650 is one of the best over ear headphones under 500 for sure.
They don’t make em like they use to! Well not entirely true, they still make great headphones. But this Sennheiser is around 2001 and still going real strong. A lot of headphones are built pretty advanced and last a long time, so no wonder people are still eating these up. If you have read my blog before you know how much I love Sennheiser, this headphone is built really sturdy with a nice full sound and crisp. They have a nice warm sound, especially nice if you’re into acoustic music. I will get into some of the Pro’s and Con’s of the Sennheiser HD 650 review so you can get a better idea if it’s for you.
Sennheiser HD 650 Pro’s
- Great Sounding – These have a great sound and the frequency response is 10 – 39,500 Hz (-10 dB). Super clear headphones that help you hear the smallest sounds.
- Build Sturdy – You can beat these up some and not worry to much about them, well built for sure. Can you say metal and kevlar, ya good stuff.
- Wires are Sturdy – The wires are made really well and don’t break often.
- Tight on the Head at First – Some users say that it’s tight on the head, it’s built sturdy from metal so you will get some tightness but it’s easily stretchable. Users have said that after a little while it opens up nice.
- Leaks Noise – It’s an open designed headphone that has some leakage, so people might be able to hear it if you have the music up loud.
These headphones are good for anyone that likes a good clean sounding headphone that’s built well. If you like to hear the smallest of sounds in the recording you will like these for sure. This would be ideal for someone really into music or an audiophile that can expect to spend somewhere around $400.